Introduce Yourself 👋

Introduce Yourself 👋
Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi everyone!

One of the best things about being in this community is the opportunity to network and meet awesome Clio customers and legal professionals like yourself. To kick this off, I’d like to introduce a quick exercise to get to know each other better.

It’s called “5 Things About Me! 5 Things about You!” 

5 Things About Me!

1. I am passionate about creating spaces that allow people to connect.
  2. Legal runs in the family. My uncle, grandpa and great-grandfather were all lawyers (including one Supreme Court Judge here in Canada).
  3. I’m not a coffee drinker, tea all the way! 
  4. I am from Vancouver, Canada but have also lived in Montreal, Hong Kong and now Victoria, BC. Island life! 🏝️
  5. This winter I made a weekly practice of cold water swims in the ocean. For all my American friends, the average temperature is around 46.00 F in the winter. 🥶

Okay, now it’s your turn - I want to hear 5 things about you! 

152 replies

Hello, everyone!  My name is Steve Huret.   I am the sole attorney and owner of Huret Law Firm PLLC in Johnson City, Tennessee.  I am new to this community and look forward to learning tips and tools from more seasoned Clio users.  

1.  I have been using Clio Suite since May of 2021, which is when I opened my solo law practice where I handle plaintiff’s personal injury, landlord representation, homeowners associations, creditors’ rights and collections, and civil litigation.
  2. I am a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 31 listed general civil mediator, which covers all manner of civil cases but no family.
  3. I was the managing shareholder at a mid-sized law firm for almost 20 years before I took the plunge in 2021 to go out on my own.
  4. My wife and father-in-law are also attorneys, but they practice in their own law firm, McInturff & McInturff PLLC, in Johnson City, Tennessee handling real estate closings, business entity formations, estate planning, and estate administration.
  5. Outside of my law practice, I am passionate about my family, history, economics, politics, and golf.
Badge

Hi everyone. I’m Shameka Harris, and I am starting a law firm. 

1. I have 3 children - a teenage soccer player, and a set of boy/girl twins that run track (and the girl plays tennis and volleyball).
  2. I am a workaholic, and I am hoping that Clio will help me with that by automating a lot.
  3. I use Faster Suite with Clio and LOVE IT!!
  4. I have been practicing law for 16 years and used to represent people charged with death penalty offenses.
  5. I love to read but don’t always have the time.