Question

ClioDrive

• 26 October 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I am very interested in this but don’t see any events specifically for Drive on the agenda. Is it just me and my tired eyes?

Thanks!

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Me too!

Badge +1

Is that what lets us edit docs within Clio?  I’ve been using it, but missed what they said regarding updates to it...did you catch what he said?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Marc, no, and I don’t see anything on the agenda about it.  How are you finding it?

Badge +1

It works great.  You click on the icon to the right of the file (word, pdf, excel) and it pulls up an editable version of it, you edit it, save (it saves as a new version each time you hit save and that’s a little annoying) and no need to download, upload each time you have a change.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @PatriciaDeFonte @Stuart Rudner @Marc Jacob We had a session this morning that took a deeper dive into Clio Drive - The Latest in Document Management. Presentations will be available to watch again 24 hours after they originally aired in the "Replay" area located in your navigation bar.

You can also learn more about Clio Drive below:

Badge +1

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Additionally, to get an overview of what Drive offers you can take a look here. To get started, go to the documents page in Clio Manage, you will be given a prompt to click the desktop access button. This article should help you with the setup process.

Badge +1

My mistake, I’m using Clio Launcher.  Clio Drive is better in that you can modify the docs within a folder on your desktop and they are mirrored inside Clio.  I’m on a Mac and this exists only for Windows users right now I think.  Taylor, let me know if I’m mistaken.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Good morning, @PatriciaDeFonte 

The session that Taylor posted above is now available in the Replay section of the event if you want watch it there!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I just downloaded it and love it!  

Badge

I ended up chatting with Clio’s Help folks to find out what you can and cannot upload - as a criminal defense attorney, video files are a major part of my practice - turns out that there is a file size limit of 5GB.  So, while some audio files will go up, and virtually any docket, it appears that larger files will no.

As for training, I was watching the Microsoft 365 + Clio class and they talked about both Clio Launch and Clio Drive.  Went through how to download and use it.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @TVW - Thanks for sharing, I can definitely pass on that feedback regarding video file size!